Although there have been many cricketers in India, but some of them are able to make a place in the hearts of sports lovers due to the talent of their game, out of which today we are going to talk about one such player, friends. In the blog we are going to talk about Rahul Dravid, who is called the wall of cricket.
Birth of Rahul Dravid
Rahul Dravid's full name is Rahul Dravid, popularly known as the wall of cricket in Test cricket, who was born on 11 January 1973 in a middle-class Marathi family, he was born in Indore city of Madhya Pradesh, Talk about some time after his birth. It was here that his entire family started living in Bangalore, from where he completed his early education and it was here that he took interest in cricket and dreamed of playing in cricket.
Family life of Rahul Dravid
Talking about Rahul Dravid's family life, Dravid's family life is very efficient, talk about the same, his family is very small Yes, his mother's name is Pushpa Dravid, who is a professor in an engineering college in Bangalore, the same thing as his younger brother, whose name is Vijay Dravid, and his wife's name is Vijeta, who keeps one from Nagpur and has two sons. There are also those who have Samit and Anvay
Rahul Dravid Education
So to talk about Rahul Dravid did his early education i.e. school education at St. Joseph's Boys High School which is in Bangalore, talk about the same thing, he also did college education at St. Joseph's College of Commerce which is in Bangalore. Has a degree in commerce. He was selected in the India national cricket team during his MBA studies at St. Joseph's College of Business Administration. He is fluent in several languages, Marathi, Kannada, English and Hindi.
Early Cricket Career of Rahul Dravid
So talk about Rahul Dravid started showing his cricket power from the age of 12, he has played many leagues and many matches for Karnataka, in which he has played many matches under 14, under 15, under 16 in which he played many brilliant innings. Is
Rahul Dravid had scored a century for his school cricket team while playing for the first time Rahul Dravid used to take wickets in batting as well as in bowling and he also used to do wicketkeeping but later he used the advice of Roger Binny Gurappa Viswanathan Brijesh Patel etc. But he stopped doing wicketkeeper in. Rahul Dravid got the opportunity to play in the Ranji Trophy against Pune in 1993, when he was still in his college, he got a chance to play with Srinath and Anil Kumble, who are the members of the Indian International team. He scored 82 runs in a match playing in the seventh position and that match ended in a draw. His first full season was in 1993 to 1992 when he scored two centuries at 380 at 63 and he played in the South. selected for
After Rahul Dravid's brilliant performance in domestic cricket, an important moment came in his life when he got an opportunity to play in international cricket in 1996, this match he played with Sri Lanka after the 1996 World Cup in Singapore, in this match he played Kambli. Was fed instead, but in the first match itself, Rahul Dravid was dismissed for 3 runs by Muttiah Muralitharan and came to the pavilion, although he performed very well in his ground fielding, he took two great catches in this match, similarly he did the second ODI cricket match. I also had to face disappointment in which he came to the pavilion after scoring just 4 runs against Pakistan. Rahul Dravid started the game slow but he had full faith in his hard work on his game. Was selected in the England team
Rahul Dravid had a very good performance in this series against England, Rahul Dravid got a chance to play in the second match of this test series, talk about Sanjay Manjrekar in the second match of this series due to ankle injury problem Some time away from the match Already had to ask medical fitness, where he was declared unfit by the medical fitness team, due to which Sandeep Patil informed Rahul Dravid 10 minutes before the match that he has to make his international debut in this match, for which Rahul Dravid was ready Rahul Dravid performed brilliantly in this match and played a brilliant innings of 95 runs, due to which he attracted the expertise of cricket.
Test cricket After performing very well on foreign soil, it was now the turn of Rahul Dravid to come to his country's soil to play Test on India's land, he played the first test match on his land in the Border Gavaskar Trophy, in which he played the first test in Delhi. Played against Australia He batted in the first innings He got a chance to bat at the sixth position He added 40 runs to the Indian account In the same year he also played in front of South Africa where he opened in the second Test at the third position in one Test. Got a chance In the third test, he got a chance to bat at number three but Rahul Dravid was not getting good performance against South Africa, he had scored only 175 runs in this series, but considering the situation of India at that time, at that time Rahul Dravid was considered the third best batsman of India
But as Rahul Dravid's cricket match Test career progressed, he became more and more improved in Test cricket, at a time it came that Rahul Dravid had to be given the title of the wall because there was a time when Rahul Dravid could not be considered any bowler. He used to stand on the field in such a way that he used to play 300 400 balls.
Rahul Dravid's Test career, Rahul Dravid played 164 matches in Test career in which he scored 13288 runs in 286 innings in which he scored 36 centuries, after which he has scored the best 270 runs in Rahul's name, he did this against Pakistan in 2004 Rahul He has reached the pavilion without getting out 32 times in his Test career.
Rahul Dravid One day career | Rahul Dravid's ODI career
Rahul Dravid made his ODI debut on 3 April 1996 against Sri Lanka, Dravid has scored 10889 runs in 318 innings of 344 matches in his ODI career. In which he has 83 half-centuries and 12 centuries. Dravid's highest ODI score is 153 runs, which he scored against Sri Lanka in the 1999 World Cup and shared 318 runs with Sourav Ganguly, which is a world record. Rahul in his ODI career. Dravid has been not out 40 times. Dravid has hit 950 fours and 42 sixes in ODIs. Dravid has taken 4 wickets in 4 innings of his international ODI career.
Rahul Dravid T20 Career | Rahul Dravid's T20 career
Rahul Dravid played his only one T20 match against England in 2011 in which he scored 31 runs and he also hit 3 sixes in this match.
Rahul Dravid IPL Career | IPL Career of Rahul Dravid
Dravid has scored 2174 runs in 82 innings of 89 matches in his IPL, in which he has 11 fifties and hundreds Dravid has been 5 not out in IPL career Rahul has hit 268 fours and 28 sixes in IPL.
Rahul Dravid Batting Statistics
Rahul Dravid Bowling Statistics
|BBI||18 / 1||43 / 2||-||-|
|BBM||18 / 1||43 / 2||-||-|
Rahul Dravid's Debut and Retirement in International Cricket
Rahul Dravid Test debut
vs England at Lord's, Jun 20, 1996
Rahul Dravid Last Test
vs Australia at Adelaide Oval, Jan 24, 2012
Rahul Dravid ODI debut
vs Sri Lanka at The Padang, Apr 03, 1996
Rahul Dravid Last ODI
vs England at Sophia Gardens, Sep 16, 2011
Rahul Dravid T20 debut
vs England at Emirates Old Trafford, Aug 31, 2011
Rahul Dravid Last T20
vs England at Emirates Old Trafford, Aug 31, 2011
Rahul Dravid IPL debut
vs Kolkata Knight Riders at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Apr 18, 2008
Rahul Dravid Last IPL
vs Mumbai Indians at Eden Gardens, May 24, 2013
Awards and Achievements of Rahul Dravid
The list below encapsulates Rahul Dravid's awards achievements that claim him to be one of the most respected cricketers in India.
- Received Arjuna Award in the year 1998.
- In the year 1999, got the post of being the CEAT Cricketer of the 1999 World Cup.
- Nominated as Wisden Cricketer of the Year 2000 in the year 2000
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy winner (awarded for ICC Player of the Year) in the year 2004.
- Awarded for the ICC Player of the Year in the year 2004
- He also received the Padma Shri award in the year 2004.
- Was nominated as ICC Test Player of the Year in 2004 and MTV Youth Icon in the same year.
- In 2006, he was made the captain of the International Cricket Council's Test team.
- She received the NIDTV Indian of the Year Lifetime Achievement Award in 2011 along with Dev Anand.
About Rahul Dravid-
- Dravid holds the record for playing 93 consecutive Test matches for the Indian cricket team.
- Rahul Dravid is the first batsman to score a century against all Test playing nations.
- Rahul Dravid also achieved the feat of taking maximum catches in Test cricket as a non-wicket keeper.
- Dravid is the first batsman to score 10,000 runs while playing at No.
- He also holds the record for not getting out for zero in 120 consecutive ODIs.
- In terms of timing, his highest score of 270 runs is the most extensive innings by any Indian cricketer.
- Rahul Dravid is the only second cricketer of non-English origin to score three or more centuries in two different Test series in England, and Australian Donald Bradham is the second player to do so.
- On 24 November 2011, Dravid became the second international cricketer after Sachin Tendulkar to score 13,000 runs in Test match cricket.
- Dravid has been a part of over 80 century partnerships with 18 different batsmen and has been part of 19 century partnerships with Sachin Tendulkar which is a unique achievement.
- Rahul Dravid bowled 55 times in international Test cricket, breaking former Australia captain Allan Border's record of 53 bowling.
- On 14 December 2011, he became the first non-Australian cricketer in the world to deliver a speech at the Bradman Oration in Canberra, Australia.
List of International Centuries of Rahul Dravid
Given below is the list of international centuries scored by Rahul.
Test century scored by Rahul Dravid
- 148 against South Africa.
- 118 runs against Zimbabwe.
- 190 against New Zealand.
- 103 not out against New Zealand.
- 107 against Sri Lanka in Colombo.
- 144 runs against New Zealand at Chandigarh.
- 162 against Zimbabwe in Nagpur.
- 200 not out against Zimbabwe in Delhi.
- 180 against Australia in Kolkata.
- 144 not out against West Indies in Guyana.
- 115 against England at Nottingham.
- 148 against England at Leeds.
- 217 against England at The Oval London.
- 100 not out against West Indies in Mumbai.
- 222 against New Zealand at Motera, Ahmedabad.
- 233 against Australia at The Oval.
- 270 runs against Pakistan.
- 160 against Bangladesh in Chittagong.
- 110 runs against Pakistan in Kolkata.
- 135 against Pakistan in Kolkata.
- 128 not out against Pakistan in Lahore.
- 103 runs against Pakistan.
- 146 against West Indies at St. Lucia.
- 129 against Bangladesh in Mirpur.
- 111 against South Africa at Chepauk, Chennai.
- 136 against England at Mohali, Chandigarh.
- 177 runs against Sri Lanka in Ahmedabad.
- 144 runs against Sri Lanka in India.
- 111 not out against Bangladesh in Dhaka.
- 104 against New Zealand in Ahmedabad.
- 191 runs against New Zealand in Nagpur.
- 112 against West Indies in Jamaica.
- Scored 103 against England in London.
- 117 against England at Nottingham.
- 146 runs at The Oval London.
- 119 runs against West Indies in Kolkata.
One Day International Centuries of Rahul Dravid
- 107 runs against Pakistan in Chennai.
- 123 not out against New Zealand.
- 116 against Sri Lanka.
- 104 not out.
- 145 runs against Sri Lanka.
- 103 not out against West Indies.
- 153 against New Zealand at Hyderabad, Deccan.
- 109 not out against West Indies at Motera.
- Sri Lanka 104 against United Arab Emirates.
- 104 runs against Pakistan.
- 103 not out against Sri Lanka in Ahmedabad.
- 105 against West Indies at Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica.